Sauna & Decks For Africa is proud to introduce our Range of Imported Infrared Saunas to the South African Market.
Infrared heat has some distinct advantages over traditional steam heat saunas. Far-infrared radiant (FIR) heat is a completely safe form of naturally occurring energy that heats objects by a process called direct light conversion. Radiant heat is also called infrared heat or infrared energy. Direct light conversion warms only the object & does not raise the temperature of the surrounding free air. This type of energy travels 2-3" deep into the body & is thought by some to increase circulation & nourish damaged tissue.
Infrared heaters warm the body in the same manner as natural sunlight. FIR heat therapy uses the wavelength of the visible & non-visible light spectrum of sunlight that heats the body normally.
Traditional steam saunas raise the temperature of the air to a very high level within the chamber to warm the body. Some people have difficulty breathing in this extremely warm air. FIR saunas work differently. Instead of heating the air within the enclosure, FIR saunas heat the body directly. The result is a lower energy consumption & deeper tissue penetration. In the FIR sauna, the body perspires & receives all of the healthy benefits but avoids the extremely hot air of a traditional steam sauna. FIR saunas are safe for all ages.
An Infrared Sauna will heat up in a shorter time period than a steam sauna because it can heat the skin directly & does not need to heat the air.
FIR has the ability to penetrate, refract, radiate & reflect. The human body can absorb FIR because of its deep penetrating ability. When FIR penetrates through skin to the subcutaneous tissues, it transforms from light energy into heat energy. The thermal effect within the deep layers of the tissues causes bloods vessels & capillaries to dilate, promoting a better blood circulation, & the heat so produced helps to get rid of body toxins & metabolic wastes through sweating.
Health Benefits of an Infrared Sauna:
The health benefits of a FIR Infrared Sauna are numerous. Saunas are often used in the treatment of diseases & drug addictions, as well as for general therapy & well being. Some of the benefits include:
- Increased Flexibility - Heat from an infrared will cause the human body to heat up & become more flexible. Infrared heaters can be used for Heat Yoga or Bikram Method Yoga.
- Better Circulation & Increased Energy - The sauna emits FIR energy that is absorbed by human cells, causing a physical phenomenon called "resonance". Thus the cellular activities are instantly invigorated, resulting in a better blood circulation & an overall improved metabolism.
- Weight Loss - FIR Sauna heat therapy can aid in weight loss by speeding up the metabolic process of vital organs & endocrine glands resulting in substantial caloric loss in a sauna heat session.
- Cardiovascular Health - The FIR Sauna increases heart rate & blood circulation, crucial to maintaining one's health. The heart rate increases as more blood flow is diverted from the inner organs towards the extremities of the skin, without heightening blood pressure.
- Speed Recovery from Injuries - For injuries, FIR generated heat stimulates vasodilatation of peripheral blood vessels, bringing oxygen to joints & extremities, speeding the healing of sprains & strains, thus relieving pain & reducing the time it takes the human body to recover from an injury.
- Detoxification - The quicker metabolic rate causes extra toxic waste products to be purged from the body through the skin, during perspiration. The skin is often referred to as the 3rd kidney, because it is believed to be responsible for eliminating 30% of the body's waste.
- Stress Reduction & Relaxation - FIR Sauna heat treatment before a massage also helps prepare a client by creating an overall relaxing effect. It loosens the muscle tissue so the therapist can do a more thorough & effective massage.
- Skin Beautification - For that sought after healthy glow, FIR Sauna heat therapy allows increased blood circulation to carry great amounts of nutrients to the skin, thus promoting healthy tone & texture.
- Improved Immune System - By creating an "Artificial Fever", FIR heat has a positive effect on the immune system. Fever is a natural healing response of the body. The function of the immune system is increased naturally during a fever, while virus & bacterial growth is slowed, weakening its hold. This helps the body ward off invading organisms. A FIR heat treatment in the early stages of a cold or flu has been known to stop the disease before the symptoms occur.